- Restaurant Name: Charlie & Co Burgers
- Location: Chadstone Shopping Centre Foodcourt, Chadstone, Victoria, Australia
- Opening Hours: Monday – Wednesday 9am – 5.30pm, Thursday – Friday 9am – 9pm, Saturday 9am – 6pm, Sunday 10am – 5pm.
- Costs: $10-15 per burger, $15 – 20 for a meal.
- Website: Charlie & Co Burgers Facebook
Counted as a fast food restaurant, in the foodcourt, of Chadstone Shopping Centre, Charlie & Co Burgers tend to be overlooked as a good burger joint. I tried it for the first time recently, and it wasn’t too bad. Not fantastic, but not terrible either.
I tried the Classic Charlie Burger and the husband and I got a side of Parmesan Truffle Fries. Fries were really nice. Probably could be a tiny bit more truffle-ey.
How about the burger? (you can’t tell in the picture but…) Mine was a little disappointing as I soon found out after picking it up, that the top and bottom buns had been switched around, and it quickly became rather a nightmare to eat. The top bun (on the bottom) was saturated in the sauce and burger juice, so dissolved pretty promptly as I picked it up. I was left with a burger mess all over my hands. Burger fail Charlie & Co. How do you get that wrong?
Anyway, hubby got the El Mexicano Burger, and he said it was good. Aside from the mess of my burger, the flavours were good and the burger was well-balanced. Just a pity about the dissolving bottom/top bun.
All up, a good, quick-ish (unless you are in the dinner/lunch rush at Chaddy) meal in a foodcourt. Maybe the stand-alone joints in the city fare a little better?
angelxling rating: 3/5